Name:
Location: Spencerville, Ohio

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

"Will The Angels Let Me Play?"

Some years ago, I won't say how many, when I was a young girl, my mother taught me a song and it has been one that I have thought of and sung a lot since mother taught it to me. It goes like this:

"In a yard, where children
were playing games, one day,
A little tot so lonely
was watching wistfully.
It seemed so hard,
she could not play,
as other children do.
They said that she
would spoil the games
and was a baby,too.
Her tender heart is breaking,
for they won't let her play,
and as she goes to mama,
she murmurs plaintively,

"Mama, when I go to heaven,
Will the angels let me play,
Just because I am so little,
Will they say, 'I'm in the way?'
Here the children never want me,
I'm a bother they all say.
When I go to heaven, mama,
Will the angels let me play?

That night when all was silent,
The angels came that way,
And took the little darling,
Whose sweet lips seem to say,

Mama, when I go to heaven,
Will the angels let me play,
Just because I am so little,
Will they say, I'm in the way,?
Here the children never want
Me, I'm a bother, they all say,
When I go to heaven,Mama,
will the angels let me play"?

(Fred E. Gladdish / W.L. Werden/ George Morgan)

Have you ever felt like you didn't belong to a certain group or some of your family, or friends? It really cast a shadow over your ego and you were ready to 'throw in the towel,' and go in a different direction?

Well, I have news for you. You don't need to despair. All that is needed is, "A Little Talk With Jesus, makes it right alright". That happens to be a song, as I recall, in a hymn book we used earlier in some of our hymn sessions at church.

So go to your Bible and read Matthew 11:28=30, Where Jesus tells us: "Come unto me, all ye who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and come follow me, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light"

He will give you comfort and He will enjoy your company.

This website has alternative lyrics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home